Is your son or daughter 15 years of age by the start of class? If so, a Traffic Safety Education class will be offered in person at Granite Falls High School. It will go virtually if necessary to fully complete the course.
Spring 2023 Traffic Safety Class Calendar
Drives will be conducted under Washington State Department of Health guidelines.
Please contact Mr. Helgeson at email@example.com
How To Register:
- Watch the online video on how to get your permit.
- Go to the DOL website and get a permit # by inserting all pertinent information.
- Pay online on the "how to pay" link below. This reserves your seat.
- Download this DOL packet to your computer, fill it out and the completed packet can be returned using the submit button or printed and brought to Granite Falls High School. Packets are also available at the ASB office at Granite Falls High School.
- The cost is $490, which includes both the DOL Knowledge Test and the DOL Skills Test. You also earn a .5 elective credit.
- You will eventually go to the DOL to get your eyes checked and your picture taken, but you don't have to, to obtain the permit.
- Do not try to go to the DOL until you have visited their website and registered under license express (top right corner of the webpage). Once registered we need your permit number to insert you into their system stating that you are registered in the class.
- You cannot get the permit until 10 days prior to class. This is state law.
How to Pay:
Payment is through Northwest Educational Service District. You can pay online by clicking here: NW ESD Traffic Safety Education or send a check made payable to NW ESD 189 to the GFHS office.
The following forms are not needed unless parking at the school post Drivers Ed:
Contact the ASB Office for the next session of Driver's Ed.