Granite Falls School District participates in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program sponsored by the USDA. All families who meet federal income eligibility guidelines may apply for meals at a reduced rate or at no cost. Applications are given to all students at the beginning of the school year and may be completed and returned to the school. All information provided is kept confidential. Information on this program is available in the school office or you can call 360.283.4310 for more information. Parents will be notified by the district of your approval status by email or a printed letter mailed home when the application has been processed.

Click on "Family Resources" to learn about programs in our community that can assist your family. PRINTABLE APPLICATIONS: 2020-2021 PARENT LETTER & APPLICATION -

Mail or Drop off: Granite Falls Food & Nutrition Services, 205 North Alder Avenue Granite Falls, Wa 98252. or Fax to: 360.691.4459

Did you know FREE breakfast is available for students who qualify for Reduced Priced Meals?

Did you know FREE lunch is available for K-3 students who qualify for Reduced Priced Meals?

Is your family eligible for free or reduced price meals? Children need healthy meals to learn. Granite Falls Schools offer healthy meals every school day. Your children may qualify for free meals or reduced price meals. If you would like to download an application to apply for free or reduced price meals click on the link above or contact your child's school.


1. Do I need to fill out an application for each child? No. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to your child's school or to Granite Falls School District, Nutrition Services, 205 North Alder Avenue, Granite Falls, WA 98252. Questions - 360.283.4310.

2. Who can get free meals? Children in households getting Basic Food or TANF and most foster children can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can get free price meals if your household income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Guidelines Chart.

3. Can homeless, runaway and migrant children get free meals? Please call the district's Food Service Manager @ 360.283.4310 to see if your child(ren) qualify, if you have not been informed that they will get free meals.

4. Who can get reduced price meals? Your children can get low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Chart, (see above Letter to Households).

5 . I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals? Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.

6. Will the information I give be checked? Yes, we may ask you to send written proof.

7. If I don't qualify now, may I apply later? Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Basic Food, TANF or other benefits. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced price meals.

8. What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Superintendent Dr. Josh Middleton, 205 North Alder Ave Granite Falls, WA. 360.691.7717.

9. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals.

10. Who should I include as members of my household? You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends). You must include yourself and all children who live with you.

11. What if my income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally get. For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only sometimes.

12. We are in the military, do we include our housing allowance as income? If your
Housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative; do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.

If you have other questions or need help, call 360.283.4310.

Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame al teléfono: 360.283.4310.

Si vous voudriez d'aide, contactez nous au numero: 360.283.4310.