Granite Falls School District provides a complete transportation/bus schedule for all schools. The transportation schedule includes bus numbers, times and locations.
2012-13 School Bus Routes (pdf) and times are subject to change (scroll through the document to find each school). For questions, contact the Transportation Department at 425-335-1508.
Limited bus routes (pdf) for are used throughout the year for snow, ice, or other situations that cause buses to alter normal routes. During inclement weather, the District tries to have information on radio/TV by 6:00 AM but limited routes may be used without notification due to conditions and time. Please make sure your child's school has emergency phone and email contacts.
Elementary Attendance Areas
Getting to School Safely
• Review bus safety rules with your child(ren) -- how to enter and exit,
Here is more information on safety tips for families that walk or bike to school (pdf).
Granite Falls/Lake Stevens Pupil Transportation Department
Office Hours: 6 am – 4:30 pm
Special Notice to Kindergarten Parents
Bus Stop Notice
Students are allowed to depart the bus only at their assigned stop. Exceptions to this can only be made by pre-arrangements with a note from the parent. For elementary students, the note must be delivered to the school where a bus pass will be issued. For the middle and high school students, the note can be given to the bus driver. Only by this procedure will a student be allowed off the bus at a different stop.
Rules for Riding the School Bus
1. The bus driver is in charge of the bus. You must obey the bus driver and staff members assigned to the bus at all times. The bus driver has the authority to assign seats. Refrain from talking to the driver, unless necessary.
2. Students may only ride their assigned bus unless pre-arranged. Students are not allowed to depart the bus at any stop other than their assigned bus stop without parent/guardian permission.
3. Students must stay seated quietly in their seats, face forward and keep the aisle clear.
4. Students must remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop and the parking brake is applied.
5. Students must load/unload the bus in an orderly manner, no pushing or shoving. Students will arrive at the bus stop five (5) minutes before bus arrival time.
6. Students cross the street in front of the bus, when signaled by the bus driver. Never cross behind the school bus.
7. Be courteous, no profane language will be allowed. Profanity directed at the bus driver will lead to suspension from the bus.
8. Windows are not to be opened without the driver’s permission. Keep all body parts inside the bus.
9. Items prohibited from the bus include: breakable containers, sharp items, weapons, firearms, flammables, skateboards, roller blades, boom boxes, large, bulky, items which cannot be held when placed on the floor between legs, all forms of animal life (except service animals).
10. All items must be kept out of the aisle and emergency doorways.
11. Passengers in school buses equipped with seats belts shall be required to wear the seat belt, properly adjusted, whenever the bus is in motion.
12. Eating and drinking on the bus is prohibited, unless on a field trip and allowed by the bus driver.
13. No smoking or ignition source of any kind on the bus.
14. Parents of students identified as causing damage to buses shall be charged with the cost of the damage.
15. Students shall follow emergency exit drill procedures as instructed by the driver.
16. Students must make no distracting sounds or movement at highway rail grade crossings.
17. Do not throw anything from the school bus. Do not litter on the bus. Trash containers are located at the front of the bus.
Granite Falls School District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations
and does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, national origin, gender or disability. This holds true for all employment opportunities, admission to and access to,
operations of programs, services, or activities. Questions, concerns, complaints, or request for additional information
may be directed to the school district's Title IX/RCW 28A.640 Office, ADA or Section 504 Coordinator at 360.691.7717.
Copyright © 2006-12 Granite Falls School District