Goal #1: Collaborate with colleagues across the region, state, or nation regarding current and emerging trends, issues, and policy solutions.
- Each board member will attend a school board meeting in another district
- Host a joint meeting with Lake Stevens School Board
- Attend at least one regional meeting
- Volunteer to host a regional meeting in fall 2019 at the STEAM building
Goal #2: Keep the board and the community more informed about the district budget process.
- Spring study session that includes how the budget is built which includes the formula for apportionment, levy dollars, grants, and other funding sources
- Open session to review the 2018-19 budget
- Approve the budget 1-2 weeks after the open session
Goal #3: Improve on the communication of performance expectations and the evaluation timeline for the Superintendent.
- Review SMART goals in a study session with the Administrative team.
- Put board goals and district SMART goals on the website.
- Review the evaluation framework with the Superintendent quarterly.
- Complete the midyear evaluation in January.
- Complete the final evaluation on or before June.
- Update the board at a study session on district progress before the extension of contract.
Goal #4: Dedicate time to critical items.
- Complete self-assessment in the summer
- Plan study sessions with board input
- Quarterly review of goals