The mission of the Granite Falls School District is to inspire and facilitate a passion for life-long learning and the pursuit of excellence in every student, every day.
Have a safe and enjoyable summer!
Summer Office Hours
The schools are closed for the summer months and will re-open the week of August 17 – 21. The Administration Office will be open through the summer, Monday – Thursday with limited hours beginning June 29 from 7:00am-3:30pm. You may also call the office at 360.691.7717 for assistance.
We are still waiting for the legislatures to fully fund education. They still have not settled on the budget. It is not too late to contact our local legislators and encourage them to invest in our children.
Have a Safe & Healthy Summer!
The end of the school year brings summer vacations and a more laid-back way of life. This change in routine and reduced structure can also make summer a time of stress and anxiety for others in our community. We each play a key role in looking out for one another, so here are some reminders and resources to help students, friends and families enjoy a safe and stress-free summer. Reach out and stay connected during the next couple months. There are resources available 24/7–Call. Text. Chat. Get the help you need, when you need it most. For a list of other resources available 24/7, open the Snohomish Health District website here.
Register Your Child for FREE All-Day Kindergarten
Granite Falls School District merits early learning and recognizes the importance of full-day kindergarten for our students. All students who will be 5 years of age by August 31 are eligible to enroll in Kindergarten at Granite Falls School District. We offer a free tuition full-day program at both Monte Cristo and Mountain Way Elementary schools. Registration is available through August 28, 2015. We are now offering Early Entrance to Kindergarten! For those students turning 5 years of age with birth dates between September 1 and October 15, Early Entrance may be permitted based on results of assessments and observations administered by the District. Early Entrance Applications must be mailed or hand delivered no later than July 31 to the Administration Office at 205 N. Alder Ave. Granite Falls, WA 98252. For more information on Early Entrance to Kindergarten including eligibility, the application and assessment process, please visit the Kindergarten Readiness page here>
Student Support Advocates Available in Summer
All families go through periods of stress and/or a crisis in life. When these things happen, it is often hard to know who to go to for help. The Student Support Advocates are offered for all 6-12 grade students and their families in a variety of ways. Contact Jackie Woolman-Morgan or Donna Noble if you need assistance, or you may call 360-283-4485 and leave a message. Jackie or Donna will return your call. More information can be found in the SSA Flyer (.pdf).
Accelerated Reader Available Over Summer
Accelerated Reader (AR) will be available at the Granite Falls Sno-Isle library & at the Granite Falls School District Summer Lunch Program (Literacy @ Lunch!). All GFSD students grades K – 6th grade are invited to participate! Help your child retain their reading skills over the summer by reading books and taking AR quizzes (from June 12-August 31). For more information, see this attached flyer.
Important Back-to-School Information
– Are you new to the District? Are you transferring schools? Visit the Student Registration/Enrollment webpage for materials needed. Variance forms are available under the Choice Transfer webpage.
– 2015-2016 free and reduced price meal applications are posted on the Nutrition page here>
– School newsletter subscription preferences – More than 2, 000 parents and staff have subscribed to receive our district emails. Have you? If you would like to receive district “SCHOOL NEWS,’ please subscribe here.
– 2015-2016 School Supply Lists available on your school’s webpage or by clicking on the following links: MCE supplies, MWE supplies, MS supplies.
– The 2015-2016 Student Handbooks are posted here>
– The 2015-2016 Calendar is part of the negotiations process with the teachers’ bargaining unit. For tentative important dates, please visit here.
– Bus Schedules/Routes will be posted as soon as they become available. Please check the Transportation webpage.