The mission of the Granite Falls School District is to inspire and facilitate a passion for life-long learning and the pursuit of excellence in every student, every day.
MWE Changes School Times
We have some areas for improvement with the reconfiguration of the elementary schools and time changes. In an effort to address some concerns with the timing of transportation, we have new hours happening at Mountain Way Elementary beginning this Monday, September 26. Hours at Mountain Way Elementary will be changing by 5 minutes (later) to 8:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. Bus pick up and drop off times will NOT change. MWE supervision starts at 8:25 am. The Monte Cristo shuttle bus for students in grades 3-5 and Multiage will still leave MWE at 8:20. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact your school office.
2016-2017 Start/End Times and Transportation Schedule
Monte Cristo: 8:35 am – 3:05 pm
Mountain Way: 8:45 am – 3:15 pm
Middle School: 7:35 am – 2:05 pm
High School: 7:30 am – 2:00 pm
Crossroads: 8:10 am – 1:55 pm
For information on transportation schedule and bus routes, please visit the Transportation webpage. If you have any questions about transportation or school start times, contact the GFSD Administration Office at (360) 691-7717.
Getting ready for school can be a lot of fun as long as everything doesn’t happen at the last minute! Beat back to school stress by spreading out everything that needs to get done over these next few weeks of summer. By the time school starts, you and the kids can relax and step confidently into the new school year!
- Are YOU prepared for school to start? Check out this back-to-school check list with helpful suggestions to get back in the swing of things.
- Are you new or transferring schools? Visit the Student Registration/Enrollment webpage for materials needed. Variance forms are available under the Choice Transfer webpage.
- 2016-2017 free and reduced price meal applications are posted on the Nutrition page here.
- When the decision is made to close school, the district will use the FlashAlert system (in addition to the website, FB page and School Messenger) to provide text message alerts. Click one of the following to establish or update your subscription to FlashAlert.
- Looking to get signed up for your favorite sport? Middle School and High School athletic sign-ups begin August 16. Visit the Athletics page for more information!
- 2016-2017 School Supply Lists are available in one place on our website now (click here!). If you have any questions, get in touch your child’s school or the District Office at (360) 691-7717.
- 2016-2017 Student Handbooks are posted here.
- Bus Schedules/Routes are posted through the program Versatrans. Please visit the Transportation webpage for log-in information.
Free All Day Kindergarten
Granite Falls School District merits early learning and recognizes the importance of full-day kindergarten for our students. We offer full-day kindergarten at Mountain Way Elementary. Read more information on kindergarten readiness here>
Important Kindergarten Dates:
September 6: Kindergarten Parent Orientation at 6:00 p.m.
Teachers will present program information and answer your questions about Kindergarten. You will also sign up for a time to bring your child in to visit his/her new classroom and have a family meeting with your Kindergarten teacher. This is intended to be an adults only event. If you are unable to find childcare, we understand that you may need to bring your child(ren) with you.
September 7 and 8: Kindergarten Family Meetings
Teachers will have activities for students to participate in while getting to know you and your child.
September 9 and 12: Small Groups Attend
In order to ease the transition into an All Day Kindergarten program, small groups of students will be attending on these dates. Parents will be able to choose the date that works best for them.
September 13: First Day of Kindergarten for ALL students.